Courtroom Cries At Michael Jackson Recording: “I Had No Childhood; I Hurt”

 

image

The manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray is interesting to watch.  Murray is on trial for his role in the death of musical icon, Michael Jackson.  Yesterday, the revelation of Murray's three mistresses added a startling element of surprise to the facts surrounding the final moments of Jackson’s life.

Today, during the trial, Micheal Jackson’s voice was played.  Dr. Murray recorded Jackson on May 10 using his personal Iphone.

Six weeks before his death, Jackson, in a barely inaudible voice said: 

”I want them to say I’ve never seen nothing like this before in my life.  I’m taking that money, a million children…the Micheal Jackson Children’s hospital.  I love them because I didn’t have a childhood.  I had no childhood.  I feel their pain.  I feel their hurt.  I can deal with it.  Heal the World.  We are the World.  Will You Be ThereThe Lost Children… these are the songs I’ve written because I hurt. I hurt.”

Micheal wanted his ‘This Is It’ concert to have an enormous global impact.  Prosecutor David Walgren played the recording during the opening statements of the trial in an effort to establish a credible case of negligence against Dr. Murry.  Headline News reports that Walgren met with the family members before the trial to prepare them for the recording. Witnesses in today’s trial report that upon hearing the recording, Jackson’s brother, Jermaine Jackson, began to weep.

The majority of the jurors are Michael Jackson fans. 

The trial continues each day, but by far, today’s recording of Jackson’s muddled, drowsy voice was heartbreaking and difficult to listen to.  His family and friends loved him and the recording confirms that Jackson was in deep emotional pain during his final weeks on earth.

The recording makes us wonder if more could have been done to save Jackson’s life.

Shani K. Collins is a freelance writer.  You may visit her at www.shanicollins.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive